SFI 8th Annual Meeting, Nov 14, 2013|
Conference program [PDF]
Global economic risks: 8th Annual Meeting, Nov 14, 2013
- Prof. Claudio Loderer: Welcome address
- Prof. Jean-Charles Rochet: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Macro-Prudential Regulation
- Dr. Philippe Moutot: Macroeconomics and Supervision: Why Central Bankers Must Go Back to their Future
Panel discussion on global regulatory imbalances
- Dr. Karen Braun-Munzinger, Senior Advisor Financial Stability, Bank of England
- Patrick Odier, Chairman of the Swiss Bankers Associations (SBA) and Senior Partner of Lombard Odier & Cie
- Urs Rohner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse
Moderator — Prof. Harald Hau, University of Geneva and SFI
Afternoon research session
- Prof. Antonio Mele: Rates Bubbles and Fixed Income Market Volatility
- Prof. Michael Rockinger: Systemic Risks in Europe
- Prof. Suleyman Basak: The Financialization of Commodities
Afternoon master class
- Mads Pedersen, UBS: Global Macro Risk in a Portfolio Context
Keynote speech (open to the public — attendance free of charge, registration mandatory)
- Prof. Roy C. Smith, NYU: Dilemmas of Risk and Regulation
Thursday, November 14, 2013, 9.50 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Credit Suisse Forum Genève, Rue de Lausanne 17, 1201 Geneva
Please register before November 11, 2013 using the online form below.
The attendance fee is CHF 200. The conference is free of charge for members of the SFI Alumni Association and for researchers affiliated to SFI. University employees and students are entitled to a 50 percent reduction.
Please note that the keynote speech (4.40 – 5.50 p.m.) also includes the awards ceremony which can also be attended free of charge. For security reason registration is mandatory.
The conference is open to all practitioners and researchers within the finance community.
To submit your completed registration form, please click the send button. Registration is complete only once you receive confirmation from SFI.
To submit your completed registration form, please click the “send”
button. Registration is complete once you receive confirmation from SFI.
Lunch & Learn @ SFI
29. 01. 2015
SFI Breakfast Seminar with Prof. Tim Jenkinson
Topic: Do Investment Consultants add Value or encourage Pension Plans and other Investors to search for “Fools Gold”
Location: Zürcher Kantonalbank, Josefstrasse 222, Zürich
SFI Evening Seminar with Prof. Tim Jenkinson
Topic:Do Investment Consultants add Value or encourage Pension Plans and other Investors to search for “Fools Gold”
Location: Credit Suisse Forum, rue de Lausanne 11-19, Geneva
Swiss Finance Institute held, in partnership with McKinsey & Company and the Swiss Bankers Association, a half-day conference on: "Banking services for Swiss companies: needs, availability and trends".
English version / German version
Swiss Finance Institute publishes its first White Paper, "The Extra Cost of Swiss Banking Regulation," by Professor Jean-Charles Rochet
English version / German version
IAZI AG und Swiss Finance Institute lancieren CAS in Real Estate Finance
More press releases...
SFI in the news
Der Bund: Wolken sind schlecht für den Aktienkurs
Insights into research at the Institute for Financial Management (08.11.2014)
Ticino Management: Il Nobel parla, il gestore ascolta
Article about EFA convention (14.10.2014)
Le Temps: Retour de la Tension
Article on Systemic Risk Analysis in banking, by E.Jondeau and M.Rockinger (05.10.2014)
L'Hebdo: Philippe Bacchetta pour succéder à Jean Pierre Danthine à la BNS
Article about candidates for succession at BNS' Direction (10.09.2014)