SFI 8th Annual Meeting, Nov 14, 2013|
Conference program [PDF]
Global economic risks: 8th Annual Meeting, Nov 14, 2013
- Prof. Claudio Loderer: Welcome address
- Prof. Jean-Charles Rochet: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Macro-Prudential Regulation
- Dr. Philippe Moutot: Macroeconomics and Supervision: Why Central Bankers Must Go Back to their Future
Panel discussion on global regulatory imbalances
- Dr. Karen Braun-Munzinger, Senior Advisor Financial Stability, Bank of England
- Patrick Odier, Chairman of the Swiss Bankers Associations (SBA) and Senior Partner of Lombard Odier & Cie
- Urs Rohner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse
Moderator — Prof. Harald Hau, University of Geneva and SFI
Afternoon research session
- Prof. Antonio Mele: Rates Bubbles and Fixed Income Market Volatility
- Prof. Michael Rockinger: Systemic Risks in Europe
- Prof. Suleyman Basak: The Financialization of Commodities
Afternoon master class
- Mads Pedersen, UBS: Global Macro Risk in a Portfolio Context
Keynote speech (open to the public — attendance free of charge, registration mandatory)
- Prof. Roy C. Smith, NYU: Dilemmas of Risk and Regulation
Thursday, November 14, 2013, 9.50 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Credit Suisse Forum Genève, Rue de Lausanne 17, 1201 Geneva
Please register before November 11, 2013 using the online form below.
The attendance fee is CHF 200. The conference is free of charge for members of the SFI Alumni Association and for researchers affiliated to SFI. University employees and students are entitled to a 50 percent reduction.
Please note that the keynote speech (4.40 – 5.50 p.m.) also includes the awards ceremony which can also be attended free of charge. For security reason registration is mandatory.
The conference is open to all practitioners and researchers within the finance community.
To submit your completed registration form, please click the send button. Registration is complete only once you receive confirmation from SFI.
To submit your completed registration form, please click the “send”
button. Registration is complete once you receive confirmation from SFI.
SFI Public Lecture with Nobel Prize Winner Prof. Thomas J. Sargent, Zurich
Topic: The US then, Europe now
SFI Lunch & Learn Informationsveranstaltung, Zürich
SFI - SRA Event with David Cole, Zurich
Topic: Risk Culture. A Continuing Journey.
SFI - ETH Lunch Seminar with Prof. Andrew W. Lo, Zurich
Topic: Evolutionary Foundations of Economic Behavior, Bounded Rationality, and Intelligence
SFI Evening Seminar with Prof. Andrew W. Lo, Zurich
Topic: Can Financial Engineering Cure Cancer? New Approaches to Funding Biomedical Innovation.
Swiss Finance Institute and zeb.rolfes.schierenbeck.associates launch the first Swiss Asset Management Survey.
Swiss Finance Institute publishes its second White Paper on "Will investment banking survive? Regulatory changes and technological advances are altering the investment banking landscape" written by SFI Prof. Semyon Malamud.
English version, German version, French version, Italian version
More press releases...
SFI in the news
NZZ: "Hohe Risiken einer grossen SNB-Bilanz"
Agefi: "Les taux négatifs aident à affaiblir le franc"
Articles about Jean-Pierre Danthine's speech on "Swiss monetary policy facts... and fiction" at the SFI Evening Seminar (20.05.2015)
Privat: "Und wenn sich Herr Draghi irrt?"
Article by SFI Adjunct Prof. Erwin Heri on the European Central Bank expansionist monetary policy (16.05.2015)
Finanz und Wirtschaft: "Digitales Swiss Banking"
Article by SFI Adjunct Prof. Teodoro Cocca on social media and Fintech and whether they will revolutionize banking (29.04.2015)
NZZ: "Dominante Rolle von CS, UBS und ZKB"
Article on SFI Prof. Semyon Malamud's white paper on "The Future of Investment Banking" (17.04.2015)
More press coverage...