SFI 8th Annual Meeting, Nov 14, 2013|
Conference program [PDF]
Global economic risks: 8th Annual Meeting, Nov 14, 2013
- Prof. Claudio Loderer: Welcome address
- Prof. Jean-Charles Rochet: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Macro-Prudential Regulation
- Dr. Philippe Moutot: Macroeconomics and Supervision: Why Central Bankers Must Go Back to their Future
Panel discussion on global regulatory imbalances
- Dr. Karen Braun-Munzinger, Senior Advisor Financial Stability, Bank of England
- Patrick Odier, Chairman of the Swiss Bankers Associations (SBA) and Senior Partner of Lombard Odier & Cie
- Urs Rohner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse
Moderator — Prof. Harald Hau, University of Geneva and SFI
Afternoon research session
- Prof. Antonio Mele: Rates Bubbles and Fixed Income Market Volatility
- Prof. Michael Rockinger: Systemic Risks in Europe
- Prof. Suleyman Basak: The Financialization of Commodities
Afternoon master class
- Mads Pedersen, UBS: Global Macro Risk in a Portfolio Context
Keynote speech (open to the public — attendance free of charge, registration mandatory)
- Prof. Roy C. Smith, NYU: Dilemmas of Risk and Regulation
Thursday, November 14, 2013, 9.50 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
Credit Suisse Forum Genève, Rue de Lausanne 17, 1201 Geneva
Please register before November 11, 2013 using the online form below.
The attendance fee is CHF 200. The conference is free of charge for members of the SFI Alumni Association and for researchers affiliated to SFI. University employees and students are entitled to a 50 percent reduction.
Please note that the keynote speech (4.40 – 5.50 p.m.) also includes the awards ceremony which can also be attended free of charge. For security reason registration is mandatory.
The conference is open to all practitioners and researchers within the finance community.
To submit your completed registration form, please click the send button. Registration is complete only once you receive confirmation from SFI.
To submit your completed registration form, please click the “send”
button. Registration is complete once you receive confirmation from SFI.
Lunch and Learn @ SFI
SFI Evening Seminar with Prof. Darrell Duffie, Geneva
Topic: Stresses and Strains on China's Financial System
SFI Evening Seminar with Prof. Paul Embrechts
Topic: Risk Management: Then, Now, and Tomorrow
Asset Management Study Switzerland by zeb und SFI. Asset Management in Switzerland faces huge challenges.
Swiss Finance Institute has attributed its Outstanding Paper Award to “The Impact of Treasury Supply on Financial Sector Lending and Stability”, a research paper by Arvind Krishnamurthy of Stanford University and Annette Vissing-Jorgensen of the University of California Berkeley that studies how government debt crowds out financial sector short-term debt.
Swiss Finance Institute publishes the first comprehensive Swiss study on structured products. The most recent SFI White Paper sheds light on the performance, costs, and investments of structured products.
English version, German version, French version, Italian version
More press releases...
SFI in the news
L'Agefi: Le décloisonnement des compétences
Article referring to the 10th Annual Meeting of SFI (13.11.2015)
L'Agefi: SFI Prof. Philipp Krüger remporte le Moskowitz (10.11.2015)
L'Agefi: Le sens des buyouts secondaires
Article on SFI Prof. Francois Degeorge's Practitioner Roundup on Secondary Buyouts (Sep 2015)
Finanz und Wirtschaft: Bewusster anlegen mit Evolutionary Finance
Article by SFI Professor Thorsten Hens (25.07.2015)
Finanz und Wirtschaft: Barriere-Zertifikate langfristig oder punktuell
Article referring to the SFI White Paper—Structured Products: Performance, Costs, and Investments (18.07.2015)
SRF: Radio program on the impact of the Greek crisis on the banks
Including interview with SFI Senior Chair Harald Hau (16.07.2015)
More press coverage...